Saturday, January 19, 2013

Loose 5, Give 15!

Life Enhancement #17: Donate 4 Full bags to the Salvation Army/Goodwill.

Things seem to be moving in the right direction.  I have lost 5 lbs.  I am now in the double digits of the lbs I want to loose out of 104 lbs.  I will admit it hasn't been easy, but 2 weeks in and I am starting to adapt. Diet foods can be a bit cruel for someone like me with major plumbing problems. Most diets consist of whole foods: fruits & vegetables, grains and nuts.  These food groups give me nothing but pain.  But I am trying an experiment.  I am trying to toughen up my muscles by eating these foods (except for the nuts) in moderation and at night.  I want to see if my body will adapt. So far, so good.



And  to celebrate my little loss!  I decided to start on one of my "44 Life Enhancements-#17: Donate 4 Full bags to the Salvation Army or Goodwill".  I dropped off 1 large 15 lb. bag  of clothes to the Goodwill store today!  One bag delivered three more to go!
"Before giving, the mind of the giver is happy;
while giving, the mind of the giver is made peaceful;
and haven given, the mind of the giver is uplifted."
-Buddha-

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your journey. I hope one of your goals was go roller skating...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged!